Retailers and grocers are familiar with the concept of click and collect, but with the increase of consumers placing orders online, stores are implementing click and collect and curbside pickup applications to deliver a better customer buying experience.
Why Click and Collect / Curbside Pickup?
Consumers who order online and pickup their product continues to accelerate. Many consumers find the experience of online ordering much more reliable and convenient. It allows consumers to secure a product and pickup time in advance while eliminating the need to stand in line during peak hours. Here are some statistics on the growing adoption of click and collect and curbside pickup:
- According to Optinmonster, 69% of consumers have shopped online and 25% of consumers shop online at least once per month
- According to Forbes, 68% of consumers click and collect and 85% of those consumers buy something additional when they arrive to the store
Benefits of Click and Collect / Curbside Pickup
While online ordering continues to surge, especially in the age of social distancing, it has been proven that brick and mortar retail stores and click and collect environments can co-exist. Consumers still prefer in-store shopping experiences for certain products, such as groceries, while other products like electronics have seen a much higher growth rate in click and collect. However, retailers and grocers alike are now looking to curbside pickup solutions that allow their shoppers to get the products they need while adhering to social distancing recommendations; thus, lessening the likelihood of closing stores in case of another pandemic. Here are some other benefits to click and collect and curbside pickup:
- Improve customer buying experience by eliminating checkout times
- Increase consumer purchases by offering in-store coupons to consumers who click and collect
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations through curbside pickup
- Eliminate the need for retailers and grocers to close down their brick and mortar locations during a future pandemic by implementing curbside pickup now
- Provide predictability for consumers by securing their product and pickup times
Futureproof your retail operation with a click and collect and curbside option for your consumers. Contact Barcodes, Inc. today to discuss how to deploy a solution for your business.