Get Expert Help
Cryptography and Internet security are a major concern for anyone planning on or currently using the Internet, for various viral reasons. As the technology used to connect people via the Internet advances, so do the viruses and security threats that coincide with them. In order to protect themselves, end users need to implement cryptography which offers a myriad of options and implementation processes. Information for the acquisition of encryption technologies and protocols are located throughout the Internet, and many are able to be downloaded and used freely. Not only does cryptography apply to Internet security but to devices, like a credit card reader or bar code scanner.
Cryptography and Internet Security FAQ’s
- A large and extensive list of FAQs for cryptography from a wide variety of sources.
- A list of answers to frequently asked questions pertaining to cryptography and Internet security.
- An extremely extensive FAQ and resource for links to cryptography resources.
- A general list of common FAQs for cryptography.
- A list of FAQs organized by categories that apply to cryptography.
- A sample of the US policies and methods of encryption.
- A site examining the freedom of cryptography in Europe.
- A guideline for implementing cryptography in the US government.
- An article on the NSAs use of Suite B Cryptography.
- General information on the current state of cryptography within the US government.
Legal and Policy
- A detailed article on the legal use of and policies enforced by governments for cryptography.
- Policies and legal concerns for using cryptography and privacy protocols from Harvard University.
- Legal answers and questions about laws governing the use of cryptography.
- Guidelines for the use of cryptography within the legal limits of the law, according to the US government.
- Legal concerns for the use of cryptography in e-commerce and online banking.
- A list of recent and continually updated articles on cryptography.
- A review of the current status of DES and its possible decertification as it pertains to cryptography.
- Cryptography and security information about resources on the current state of Internet security.
- Information on the security features of the (Motorola MC35) encryption features for WLAN and VPN networks.
- Information on the quantum cryptography movement in the technology industries.
- A list of a few non-profit groups engaged in the development of cryptography.
- A large list of non-profit resources and organizations for cryptography research and development.
- A large non-profit site for cryptography and Internet security, along with links to other resources.
- An index for use by non-profit organizations concerned about cryptography.
- Home page of the International Association of Cryptologic Research.
- Protocols and resources for cryptographic services and use.
- A list of cryptographic protocols and how they are used.
- A detailed description of quantum cryptographic protocols .
- Applying cryptography: the uses and protocols involved in the process.
- Standards and security discussed in detail about cryptography.
- An organization dedicated to the research of cryptography.
- A list of famous cryptography researchers throughout its history.
- Quantum cryptography research being carried out at the labs at HP.
- Demonstration of the quantum cryptography research protocols.
- An article by Bruce Schneier about the current state of cryptographic research.
Tutorials on Cryptography
- A lengthy tutorial on cryptography, spanning several protocols and options for encryption of everything from symbol scanners to high-security networks.
- A large tutorial on cryptography including slides, and split into nine different parts.
- Tutorials and practice assignments on cryptography.
- A list of various tutorials and samples of cryptography.
- Using DES algorithms in cryptography.
Miscellaneous Cryptography Resources
- An article discussing the use of cryptography in business and how to implement it effectively.
- An article discussing the use of different attacks upon cryptography and the research to counteract it.
- Server Gated Cryptography being used in online banking: a brief explanation.
- Center for Cryptography and Network Security at Wisconsin University.
As the cryptography technology increases, new forms of attacks will be created, and thus another version of cryptography will be needed. For the near future hopes have been placed in quantum cryptography, which shows great promise, but like all technologies, there are still weaknesses that are being explored and corrected.