Make misplacing your mobile assets a thing of the past. A GPS asset tracking solution can put your company’s valuable equipment firmly under control and maximize asset control efficiency. Through the GPS asset tracking system, management can easily manage the assets to see who and when the asset is being used. Any business that have multiple valuable assets can benefit from this solution.
With the right asset tracking solution, you can easily organize the locations, minimize equipment loss, and allocate time commitments of all your tracked asset at a glance. This will enable you to become more efficient in your audit tasks and conduct your asset tracking in real-time. Therefore, you can make the most informed decision about who, what, when to utilize them next.
What are the Key Benefits of a GPS Asset Tracking Solution?
A full asset tracking solution can bring you the benefits of:
- Optimize Productivity – Save time spent on looking for assets and collect data faster in a big asset pool.
- Reduce Loss – Minimize loss of assets and decrease costs of new equipment.
- Accuracy – Slide away from pen and paper data collection to reduce errors.
- Notification Alerts – Alerts on equipment that needs scheduled maintenance or service.
- Accountability – Enforces worker responsibility on company assets.
What is Asset Tracking?
An asset is any equipment or item that a business uses internally and belongs to the company. It can be described as equipment, tool, or product that can be tracked by scanning a barcode or GPS tag which can broadcast their location. Asset Tracking system is carried out with the goal of improving usage and security of valuable items.
Having the right GPS asset tracking solution implemented can help you save time and money. Instead of wasting time searching and replacing lost assets, you can keep track of all your equipment from one location and receive alerts when the asset leaves your operational facility.
With a GPS asset tracking solution, you can tag your valuables and obtain notifications, breadcrumb trail, maps, geofence, and reports on where your equipment are. Once in the system of the asset tracking software, managers can monitor from their mobile device anywhere to view real time data of their daily asset usage and operations.
What Should You Address When Making a GPS Asset Tracking System?
When putting together an effective GPS asset tracking system there are a few key questions to answer:
- How many assets you need to track resulting in how many tags will you need?
- What type of assets are you tracking?
- Where are the assets located? How many locations do you have?
- What type of data do you need from the system?
- How many users will you have on desktop and mobile?
What are the Components of an Asset Tracking System?
All asset tracking systems consist of 3 core components:
- Asset Tracking Software – The main brain of the system which gathers the data on location, usage, statuses, notifications and generates reports.
- Mobile Computer – Having a mobile device allows you to have all the information that you need on the go and able to make the changes you need in real-time. Depending on your environment and budget, a wide range of device can be used.
- Tags – All assets need a tag to identify them to be accurately tracked throughout the facility. GPS tags offer real time data and maps to properly track your valuables.