Resources on Computational Geometry
Computational Geometry Resources
Computational geometry is a special branch of computer science that is devoted entirely to the study of how algorithms can relate to the subject of geometry. The branch came into being almost exclusively because of the progression of computer graphics and similar problems like computer-aided design or manufacturing. It allows computers to be used as ways of designing or improving mathematical formulas and even allows people to do things like create 3D models of math problems. Here are some useful resources on computational geometry.
- Computational Geometry Index: An index of different computational geometry sites and information.
- Computational Geometry: A huge index of information about computational geometry.
- Center for Geometric Computing: A center of collaborative effort to study geometry.
- Leonidas Computing Lab: A computational geometry center in the US.
- Center for Geometric and Biological Computing: Official page for the Duke center that studies computational geometry.
- Center for Graphics and Geometrical Computing: A computational geometry research center founded in 2001.
- Centre for Computational and Discrete Geometry: Official page for a Canadian computational geometry research center.
- Hungarian Academy of Science Center: Official page for a research center in Hungary.
- Computational Geography Lab (Queen’s University): Webpage for a research center in Canada.
- University of Sydney Geometry Center: An Australian research institute.
- Center for Geometry, Analysis, Numerics & Graphics: A research center based out of Massachusetts.
- Geometric Modeling and Scientific Visualization Research Center: Official page for an international research institute.
- Searchable Geometry Literature Database: A searchable literature database for geometry.
- Recommended Geometry Literature: List of important recommended geometry literature.
- Geometry Article: Very educational article about two aspects of geometry.
- Fractal Geometry: Some articles on fractal geometry.
- Computational Geometry & Graphics: Discusses the connection between computational geometry and computer graphics.
- Computational Geometry for Document Analysis: Article that discusses the use of computational geometry for document analysis purposes.
- Education Site Links: Government site with links to articles and other information on geometry.
- Geometry In Action: Article that discusses geometry with valuable information.
- Book Recommendations: A few books with descriptions on why they are useful.
- Information and Computation: An international computation journal.
- Computational Geometry in C: Discusses one of the most popular books about computational geometry.
- The Algorithm Design Manual: A book containing information about computational geometry.
- Software Directory: A directory of computational geometry software.
- Computer Vision Source Code: Compiles information about every single piece of software that deals with computational geometry and graphics.
- Software Resources: Links for various types of computational geometry software.
- 3D Compression Software: Link to page containing 3D compression software.
- Barcode Printer: Site that offers a variety of barcode printers and scanners.
- Mesh Generated Software: Software for computational geometry software that allows one to work with meshes.
- Surface Evolver: Software program that allows the user to model liquid shapes.
- Computational Software Links: Links to different kinds of computational geometry software.
- Available Software: Lists available computational geometry software.
- Computational Geometry Notes: Extensive notes on computational geography.
- Computational Geometry Pages: Links to multiple pages involving computational geometry.
- Application Challenges to Computational Geometry: Provides multiple sections that discuss what the importance of computational geometry in today’s world.
- Resources Page: Includes links to multiple pages discussing computational geometry in addition to other subjects.