Using the Linden Script Language (LSL)
Linden Script Language (LSL)
The world of coding is quite complicated. There are actually many different kinds of coding out there and those different types are used for differing purposes. For instance, video game coding differs from other software coding. In this sea of coding, there is Linden Script Language, also known as LSL. LSL is a special kind of coding used by the people who reside in Second Life, a virtual world that was originally created by Linden Lab. LSL is used to control the actions or behaviors of objects inside that virtual world which is why few have real experience with it. Here are some links to pages with information about using Linden Script Language. These links include tutorials, FAQs, use, debugging tips, and more.
- Getting Started: Tutorial that discusses the very basics of using LSL coding.
- Xah’s Linden Script Language Tutorial: Very good tutorial that explains the importance of things like syntax.
- Programming Second Life with the Linden Scripting Language: Article that discusses how to program certain things using LSL.
- LSL Tutorials: An index of tutorials that cover a wide range of subjects.
- LSL Scripting Tutorial: A very simple tutorial that’s good for beginners.
- Scripting 101: Explains the very basics of Linden Script Language.
- Linden Scripting Language Reference: A compilation of all the important information that someone needs to know about using Linden Script Language.
- Using the Linden Script Language: FAQ that answers the most common questions about doing certain things using Linden Script Language.
- Linden Scripting Language Guide: Discusses all kinds of different information about Linden Scripting Language including how it’s used and what it’s supposed to do.
- Using the Linden Scripting Language: Article that discusses actually using Linden Script Language.
Errors & Hacks
- LSL Uses and Errors: Discusses some common bug problems users may encounter when using LSL and their fixes.
- Linden Script Language and Errors: Discusses how to use the Linden Script Language with focus on problems encountered by most people.
- LSL Checker: A Linden Scripting Language checker for LSL errors.
- Scripting Recipes for Second Life: Some information about hacks for Second Life, a virtual world which uses LSL.
- Chat Errors: Discusses some LSL errors relating to chats.
Known Bugs & Debugging Tips
- LSL Scripting Notes: Has notes for using LSL including information about possible bugs.
- LSL Debugging Tool: A tool that explains how to debug Linden Scripting Language.
- OpenSim Bugs: Discusses common bugs that are being encountered in certain programs when using Linden Scripting Language coding.
- LSL Program Guide: A guide that shows how to do certain things with LSL coding with explanation about certain debugging tips.
- LSL Debugging: A list of links to other pages with information about LSL bugs and debugging.