Those new to the world of the internet often feel a little lost and confused. The easiest way to gain more confidence and learn about using the internet is through a tutorial. A tutorial takes the user through all the steps needed to do the basic things and the more complex tasks. The following resources contain a wide range of tutorials for beginners and more advanced users.
- Internet Tutorials: basic tutorials covering everything from tools to email.
- Teaching Internet: focuses on the basics of using a search engine for the first time.
- The Internet Owner’s Manual: provides hundreds of internet tutorials for first time users and beginners.
- Welcome to the World Wide Web: tutorial covering exploring the internet and creating new things.
- Building Internet Firewalls: teaches beginners on the proper way of setting up firewalls.
- Internet Tutorial: focuses on the basics of internet including how it works.
- Internet Detective: helps users pick the best resources online.
- Internet References: focuses on finding reliable resources online.
- How to do Research on the Internet: tutorial that shows users everything they need to know to search.
- Research and Documentation: teachers users about researching online and then documenting their sources.
- Research and Writing: slanted towards high school and college students on researching online.
Search Engines & Subject Directories
- Search Engine Tutorial: teachers users how search engines work and rank their results.
- Internet Research: covers all types of online research including directories and search engines.
- Search Engines: shows users how search engines work and how to choose keywords.
- A Basic Tutorial on Searching the Web: offers tips and advice on searching and finding the best results.
- Using Subject Directories: shows users what a subject directory is and how they should use it.
Netscape Navigator & Communicator
- Netscape 2.0 Tutorial: shows users the basics of using Netscape.
- Netscape Composer: tutorial that focuses on Composer and shows actual screenshots.
- Sharky’s Netscape Frames Tutorial: focuses on the use of frames in Netscape and how they work.
- Netscape Modules: tutorials covering different ideas such as bookmarks.
- Netscape Email Tutorial: shows those interested how to use the email feature in Netscape.
- Netscape Composer: focuses on the basic ideas of Composer and what users can do with it.
- Computer Software Training: offers different tutorials based on the type of software.
- Technology Tutorials: provides tutorials on Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office among others.
- Photoshop CS4 Tutorials: tutorials from Photoshop on using their latest type of software.
- Dreamweaver Basics and Tutorial: focuses on the basic ideas behind the program and how to use it.
- Linux Knowledge Base and Tutorial: tutorials covering different ideas and features of Linux.
- The Learning Paradise: offers hundreds of tutorials on different programs such as Photoshop.
Learning the internet is no harder than using a Motorola barcode scanner at the grocery store. All it takes is a few minutes and anyone can learn how to do something new online.