Best Econometrics Resources
Best Econometrics Resources
Econometrics refers to the use of statistical methods in analyzing economic data and problem solving. As a broad term, it acts as an umbrella term to many sub-fields of economics. In addition to the traditional and familiar principles of economics, such as macro- and microeconomics, econometrics also includes current aspects of the global market. For those interested in any field of econometrics, there are journals, associations, and texts that provide a good introduction to the topic, as well as a more in depth explanation of concepts.
General Economics Resources
- Econometrics: A definition of econometrics.
- Econometric Resources on the Internet: A list of resources for various economic topics.
- Congressional Budget Office: Information on government economic policies and priorities.
- New Economics Papers: Available reports on recent research in a broad range of economic fields.
- Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences: The Nobel site gives information about the category and the winners, with links to speeches and lectures.
- Online Texts and Notes: A portal for links to economic texts and lectures online.
Education and Teaching
- EconEdLink: Economics lesson plans and teaching resources from the Council for Economic Education.
- Foundation for Teaching Economics: Resources in economic thinking for teachers and students.
Methodology and History of Economic Thought
- Essays and Resources: A collection of links to essays and information on the methodology and history of economics.
- Great Economists: A historical timeline of economic thought and information about economic theorists.
Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- Mathematical Methods for Economic Theory: A hypertext tutorial on the mathematical basics used in economic theory.
- Foundations in Economic Analysis: Lecture notes in quantitative mathematics.
Economics and Computing
- Society for Computational Economics: An organization dedicated to the study of the relationship between economics and computation.
- Center for International Development: A resource for data acquired during research for the Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- The World Bank: A searchable database of data and research from the World Bank.
- Basic Microeconomics: An electronic textbook that covers the principles of microeconomics.
- Microeconomics VS. Macroeconomics: A basic comparison chart that clarifies the primary differences between these two concepts.
- Keynes and International Economic and Political Relations: A paper about the relevance of Keynes’ work today.
- Mathematical Models in Macroeconomics: A site with text, images, and online quizzes about the principles of macroeconomics.
- Glossary of International Economics: A glossary of terms related to international economics.
- The Economist: The online magazine covers a broad range of topics in the fields of politics and international economics.
- World Trade Organization: The global organization dedicated to establishing trade rules between countries.
- The Institute of International Finance, Inc.: News about trends in the global economy.
- Market Watch: News and up-to-date information on the global markets.
- The National Bureau of Economic Research: A list of available research papers on the subject of public economics.
- Urban Public Economics Review: A journal covering the topics of public economics in urban areas.
Health and Welfare
- Health Financing: The World Health Organization gives an overview of the economics of health.
- The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities: Research in the area of financing health and welfare policies.
Labor and Demographics
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: A government site with labor and demographic information and statistics.
- Economic Policy Institute: Research in economic and employment trends.
Law and Economics
- The Economic Analysis of Law: Defining the relationship between law and economics.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: This entry in the peer-reviewed resource examines law and economics.
- National Bureau of Economic Research: Ongoing research on industry behavior and government regulations.
- National Association for Business Economics: A professional organization for business economists that offers informational resources.
- Business Economics: A peer-reviewed journal that covers the topics associated with business economics.
- Slouching Toward Utopia: An academic paper on the history of economics in the 20th century.
- What is a Dollar Worth?: A historical price calculator from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- The Secret History of the Credit Card: The PBS Frontline program on the history of the credit card industry.
Development, Technological Change and Growth
- Inter-American Development Bank: An organization dedicated to supporting growth and development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It has a number of resources in the field of development and growth.
- USAID: An archived document that explores the drivers of growth, including technological change.
- The Economic Problem and Economic Systems: An overview of the formation of different economic systems.
- Capitalism: A history of capitalism.
- What is Socialism?: A definition and explanation from the World Socialist Movement.
- Globalization Theories: Theories and analysis on the world economic system.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agricultural and Applied Economics Association: A not-for-profit organization for professionals in the fields of agriculture and applied economics.
- Economics Research Service: A resource of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- U.S. Department of the Interior: The Economics and Resource Planning Group conducts financial and economic analyses for water reclamation.
- Regional Economic Accounts: A collection of tables, charts, and data related to regional economics.
- Regional Economics Applications Laboratory: Run by the University of Illinois, the Laboratory analyzes and predicts economic development.
- EconData: A searchable database of resources dealing with regional socioeconomic data.