‘Always Leading-Always Innovating’ in cutting-edge technology, Star is proud to announce its SM-L200 two-inch Bluetooth low energy portable printer for the mobile point of sale industry. The SM-L200 supports BLE technology for all iOS mobile devices such as the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Its compact and lightweight design make this two-inch portable printer perfect for a wide range of applications from queue busting in retail and hospitality to home delivery 58mm wide invoicing.
The SM-L200 is the first portable printer currently on the market which offers the ability to connect any Apple, iOS BLE compatible device without having to pair to it. With no limitation on the number of devices connected, BLE is the perfect solution for BYOD (bring your own device) environments that does not require any certification or prior authorization from your iOS operating system. In addition to the BLE feature for iOS, the SM-L200 is Bluetooth (3.0/ 4.0) compatible with all operating systems (Windows, Android, and iOS).
Continue reading »
Hospitals have a myriad of very important moving pieces to keep track of on a daily basis. Keeping an accurate count of medicine, patients, files, lab equipment and specimens, to name a few, can be a daunting task for any medical facility. The good news is, Zebra provides many healthcare solutions to help simplify the tracking of critical hospital inventories. Below you will find solutions to the most common issues healthcare institutions face:
Admission: Hospital admissions staff welcome patients and gather important patient medical information. Recent advances in wristband printing allows for a patient to wear a wristband with a barcode. Simply scan the wristband with a healthcare scanner or mobile computer to obtain a patients records, in real time.
Patient Care: Real time updates of a patient’s medical records can dramatically increase services and care provided by a healthcare facility. Using healthcare scanning and mobile computing devices can help significantly cut down on errors. Scheduling appointments, sending prescriptions and reviewing patient history, are only a few of the solutions available when using Zebra healthcare products.
Continue reading »
The Granit 1980i industrial-grade scanner features full-range area-imaging technology capable of reading both 1D and 2D barcodes across a wide range of distances. From poor quality 2 mil codes scanned at close range, to 100 mil codes hanging from warehouse rafters scanned at ranges of 52 feet, the 1980i is built to perform. With an unmatched range that provides incredible versatility, Granit enables maximum operator productivity in the harshest environments.
The 1980i is packed with technologies that make it simple to use. An integrated laser pointer aiming system with auto-illumination, omni-directional reading capability, and support for centering take the guesswork out of scanning at extended ranges. Operators of fork trucks equipped with vehicle-mounted mobile computers, such as the Honeywell Thor series, will appreciate how the full-range scanning capability of 1980i allows them to remain seated—and hence more productive—while scanning pallets at extended ranges.
Continue reading »
Putting the most capable tools in the hands of your mobile workforce is one of the keys to maximal effectiveness and success. Being able to access information and staying connected are critical to ensure your workforce can meet the demands of any application on the go.
Honeywell’s newest additional to their mobile device line, the Dolphin CT50, is the most advanced enterprise-ready mobile computer designed specifically for scan intensive, highly mobile environments. With 4G/LTE, Wi-FI, and Bluetooth connectivity, the Dolphin CT-50 will always keep your workforce connected to the resources the need. From on-demand delivery and field service to direct customer engagement, the Dolphin CT50 was designed for enterprise mobility.
Continue reading »
Should your business commit to using or migrating to the Android operating system? Before we answer that we should caveat by stating that no two IT departments are exactly the same. While Android currently holds a small market share of the rugged platform, its flexibility and customizability make it a leading candidate to take over for Microsoft, which has historically dominated the enterprise space. Microsoft’s software constrainment after each release has pushed the large device manufacturers like Zebra (formerly Motorola) and Honeywell to start investing heavily into the Android operating system for their mobile computers. The rest of the manufacturers have started to follow suit. Furthermore, despite the large market share of iOS in consumer devices, Apple is currently the least suited for the enterprise mobility space due to its lack of customization and restricted API access. See below for a chart that depicts the biggest benefits of Android in enterprise mobility:
Continue reading »
Star has announced its new ‘Tradition’ cash drawer series with the release of the CD3-1313 and CD3-1616 cash drawer models. The new cost effective cash drawers integrate seamlessly into any retail or hospitality environment with a standard printer communication interface and bottom exit cable, hidden from the customer’s view. With cash till options for both models, the CD3 traditional cash drawers can accommodate to Canadian, United States, and Latin American currency types of 3Bill-5Coin, 4Bill-5Coin for CD3-1313 and 4Bill-8Coin, 5Bill-8Coin for CD3-1616.
Features include a black stainless steel front drawer cover, dual media slots, and a three function lock system. The smooth black coated finish provides a unified appearance and complements the connected POS peripherals for merchants. The dual media slots provide extra storage for checks and large bills. For security, the key lock at front center allows for an easy manual release with a key or an electronic release.
Continue reading »
A printer’s printhead may be the most critical component to ensuring crisp, consistent and readable barcodes. Many times the reason prints are not sharp is due to a dirty printhead. BarcodesInc has partnered with IIMAK to provide ribbon with Clean Start. Ribbon including Clean Start allows the user to clean their printhead every time ribbon is changed. Cleaning the printhead on a regular cadence increases the longevity of the printhead.
Clean Start provides hassle free printhead cleaning with 3 simple steps and only takes 6 seconds.
- Load the Clean Start Clean Start is built right into most BCI thermal transfer ribbons.
- Lock the printhead
- Pull Clean Start
- Your printer’s printhead has just been cleaned.
When using Clean Start, unnecessary interruptions caused by printhead failures, can be avoided. This results in less money and time being spent replacing printheads. Contact your knowledgeable BarcodesInc Account Manager for a FREE SAMPLE, of ribbon with Clean Start.
Item identification and data acquisition through barcodes is critical to the function of automated operations, from ensuring that the correct components are used in the assembly of a smart phone to recording accurate patient data for samples in a laboratory. When poorly-marked or damaged barcodes result in “no-reads” or failures, loss of data can have disastrous effects on product integrity and corporate reputation – not to mention potential legal implications and serious risks to consumer welfare. Understanding the root cause of unreadable barcodes and using technology appropriately to prepare for or resolve these issues is simple to do and it can mean the difference between success and failure in automation. This white paper describes potential solutions for the most common causes of unreadable barcodes, including:
- Low Contrast
- Quiet Zone Violations
- Improper Reading Position
- Print or Mark Inconsistency
- Damage or Distortion
Continue reading »
Logistics accuracy and timing is critical to customers. If you’re a business and deliver the wrong item or fail to deliver it on-time then you have likely lost that customer’s business. To achieve a right first-time delivery we recommend automating your collection and delivery processes to incorporate mobile computers, wearable computers and other barcode equipment, along with our software solutions. Check out some logistics areas that can be automated to provide a more accurate and quicker process that ensures a better customer experience.
- Sortation and Vehicle Loading – Sorting and loading the right packages is critical for delivery accuracy. Any failed delivery or return results in a cost to the business. With our wearable mobile computers and voice-based software, you can more quickly and easily sort and load packages for first-time accurate delivery. This technology is an evolution from the traditional conveyor system.
- Dispatch – Hundreds of thousands of dollars are lost each year on fuel costs that are a result of ineffective routes and delivery scheduling. Our route planning solution can provide your business with continuously optimal reliable routes while using fewer trucks, miles and drivers. It also enables real-time appointment scheduling in order to keep fleet operations productive and profitable while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Delivery and Collection – Confirmation and proof of delivery is the final element of item tracking. However, many times package deliveries cannot be confirmed due to lost paperwork. Using a mobile computer and point of delivery software allows a driver to capture a signature and confirm the proof of delivery. Additionally, many mobile computers come equipped with GPS to where drivers are at all times and if they arrived at said location.
- Driver De-brief and Vehicle Checks – Missing paperwork, illegible handwriting and sorting through dozens of paperwork can make collecting manual data from drivers a nightmare. With our technology, we have the ability to transform paper documents into an automated form that is accessible through a mobile computer. Additionally, having a telematics system in each vehicle allows for vehicle information to be digitally synched and tracked. Not only does it reduce the need for somebody to transfer manual data into a computer but it also dramatically reduces the amount of time a driver needs at the end of his day for his de-brief.
For more information on how Barcodes, Inc. can automate your transportation and logistics processes give one of our experts a call to get a free consultation for your logistics solutio n.
Label come in many sizes, shapes and materials. Labels also have several options of adhesives. Although size and material is important, the type of adhesive a label contains can be critical to the success of the label in the desired application. Consider the following choices when selecting the proper label:
- Removable Labels: These labels are designed to be removed from the surface they are applied to. The labels will adhere to most dry, clean surfaces. The benefit of this label is that the label can be completely removed from the surface without damage to the surface or excess adhesive residue/ label flaking during the removal process.
- Permanent Labels: These labels are designed to be non-removable. Ideal for application where the label needs to withstand a long amount of time on a surface and where the label cannot be removed with out being damaged. Shipping a box, warehouse signage or asset tracking are a few applications where a label with a permanent adhesive would work best.
- High-Tack Labels: These labels are designed to also be non-removable. However, the difference is that these labels can withstand higher levels of abrasion, outdoor environments (water and UV resistant) and locations where the label may come in contact with chemicals.
- All-Temp Labels: These labels can be used in several different applications where the labels may be moved from a hot to cold location. Moving inventory from a cold climate to a hot climate is an ideal application for this type of label. These labels are not intended for extremely high temperature applications.
- High-Temp Labels: These labels are designed to be used in environments or applications that may expose the label to extremely high temperatures.
Choosing the proper adhesive is crucial to the success of the label. Reach out to your knowledgeable BarcodesInc sale representative for more information on which label is correct for your application.